The American University of Beirut (AUB) - Mediterraneo Office of International Programs (OIP) is dedicated to fostering internationalization and diversity at AUB Mediterraneo. We believe that international experience is essential to educating global citizen leaders. We strive to provide AUB Mediterraneo students, faculty, and staff with the opportunity to learn and grow in a diverse and stimulating environment.
The AUB Mediterraneo Office of International Programs is committed to empowering our students to become global citizens by providing them with opportunities to:
- Enhance their global perspectives and understanding of diverse cultures
- Develop cross-cultural competencies and communication skills
- Expand their academic horizons and explore new fields of study
- Build networks and relationships with international peers
- Contribute to a more interconnected and globalized world
We envision a world where AUB Mediterraneo is a leading center for international education and intercultural exchange. We aspire to:
- Establish AUB Mediterraneo as a hub for international education in the Mediterranean regionDevelop cross-cultural competencies and communication skills
- Foster a vibrant and inclusive international community
- Provide students with a transformative global learning experience
- Contribute to the development of responsible and informed global citizens
International Student Services
The AUB Mediterraneo Office of International Programs offers a variety of programs and services to support our international students and partners, including:
- Pre-arrival advice and visa assistance
- Assistance in obtaining student residence permits and/or following up on transactions at immigration authorities
- On-site orientation, mentoring, and intercultural activities
- Language learning opportunities
- Global community engagement programs
- Study abroad support
Visas and Residence Permits
The AUB Mediterraneo Office of International Programs assists international (non-EU/EEA/Swiss) students to obtain residence permits to legally pursue their studies in Cyprus.
All international students must first apply for and receive an entry permit that enables them to enter Cyprus as students. After entering Cyprus, they must register and apply for a residence permit.
EU/EEA/Swiss nationals must proceed in person, within four months of arriving in Cyprus, to their district's Unit of the Aliens and Immigration Service of the Police (or the headquarters of the Civil Registry and Migration Department, if they reside in Nicosia District), pay the official fee, and submit the required documents.
Once registered at AUB Mediterraneo, the OIP will assist students to secure their visas for Cyprus. Further information can be found on the AUB Mediterraneo website. In addition, all information about obtaining a residence permit is communicated at the beginning and throughout each term and is posted on the website.
The AUB Mediterraneo Office of International Programs actively collaborates with a network of international partners to expand educational opportunities and strengthen global connections. We seek partnerships with universities, organizations, and institutions worldwide to promote mutual exchange and collaboration in research, education, and cultural initiatives.
AUB Residency Program
Students studying at the American University of Beirut – Mediterraneo will benefit from the university's close ties with the American University of Beirut (AUB) campus in Beirut through student exchanges, faculty exchanges, collaborative academic activities, and community-based projects, and expanded online and hybrid learning opportunities.
All AUB Mediterraneo students will be required to complete a residency period at AUB in Lebanon.
This can be done in one of three ways:
- Conduct a community-based and/or civic engagement project in Beirut
- Complete an internship in Beirut
- Spend one or two academic terms at the AUB campus in Beirut
OIP Resources for Faculty
The Office of International Programs provides information for faculty on international standards of practice for credit transfer and grade transfer. In addition, OIP maintains a current listing of institutions/consortia/universities with which AUB Mediterraneo maintains formal institutional agreements for purposes of student, staff, and faculty mobility. Exchange agreements with AUB Mediterraneo must be approved by the rector. Guidelines for setting up new international academic exchange agreements and other institutional relationships are available by request from the director.
You can always reach out to us by phone from Monday to Friday, 9:00am to 5:00pm. Please call +357 26 812222 or send us an email at [email protected]y
Monday to Friday: 11AM to 3PM (Appointment Required)
Monday to Friday: 9AM to 5PM